Borderless Africa - Adult (Unisex)
The angular, colorful face of the baboon represents the many unique animals that call Africa home such as giraffes and lemurs. This t-shirt may spark your child’s interest in learning more about these fascinating animals.
Baboons also share some evolutionary history with humankind. Both humans and baboons evolved from the same sub-Saharan habitat millions of years ago.
Africa has changed a lot since the baboons and humans were first born. The continent has seen many changes geographically, culturally, and politically. While the modern world knows Africa based on its current countries, those countries and their borders were created by European colonizers, not by Africans. The lines were often drawn arbitrarily and do not reflect the heritage of African peoples.
There are over a dozen separatist’s movements in Africa today advocating for their sovereignty. Our design of Africa as a whole continent acknowledges that the current political borders do not accurately represent the numerous ethnic groups that still exist today.
Our hope at Feather Bear Forever is that this unique t-shirt will spark conversations with young people about all the vibrant life that started in Africa as well as the complicated history of colonialism and its on-going effects.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping