Four Directions - Adult (Unisex)
The Four Directions symbol from Lakota culture represents the four cardinal directions: north, south, east, and west.
The north represents the harsh winds of winter and the hardships that come with them. Lakota people believe that surviving the winter can be cleansing. The opposite side, the south, represents summer, warmth, and growth.
The east represents knowledge, understanding, and new life as the sun rises in the east. The setting sun of the west represents the end of life, but it also represents water which is essential for life to start again.
This fun shirt is our take on this ancient symbol. Wear it with pride as you learn and share the wisdom of the Lakota people.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping